Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Evadale

I know very little about Evadale. And I have lived either south of the community or taught to the north of the town well, most of my life.

When I was a kid growing up, we knew a cold front was through from the smell of the stink mill.

That said, I have wondered for years how they were able to keep the Confederate Battle Flag as part of their sign, on the gym, on the stationary without there being a huge uproar.

And it's Evadale's business....but I wonder what would happen if they were pressured by either the TEA, or politicians, or if the media started to ask questions....and the lead story tonight on KBMT at both 5pm and 6pm/6:30.

As I have written in the past, at some point PNG will have to look at changing their " Indian" name....

Evadale will probably dodge the bullet this time, but it makes you wonder....how long before it is brought up again?

No comments:

Post a Comment