Friday, June 26, 2015

Just Out of Control? PT 1

I understand people are happy.

I understand people are mad.

The subject of gay marriage is ALWAYS going to be a subject of a sore spot for many.

It took me a long time to come around. That entire sin business. That entire being "beat into my head' about sexual sins somehow being worse than other sins.

This whole "works" business.

Look folks, and I am going to look at this from a religious point of view and then a non-religious view.

When I get done, you may want to un-friend me.

Yesterday Bristol Palin announced on Twitter that she was pregnant for a second time. To be honest, I do not know if she really knows who the father might be. It might be the Medal of Honor winner she had planned to marry, it might not be.

In the 1960s and 1970s it was a huge stink to get pregnant when I was growing up. Many times the guy was "forced" to marry the girl, sometimes at the point of a shotgun, or were forced according to societal norms. Many of these marriages were miserable, and ended in divorce or long term misery for both the boy and the girl. Often, the girl was " sent away" to the Edna Gladney Home in Fort Worth to have the child and give it up for adoption.

It was a " big-time" sin in those days. Huge.

As I was reading yesterday, I was amazed at the conservatives who supported Bristol., because her politics were " correct."

These would be the same people who would be all over someone like Chelsea Clinton, if she had become pregnant outside of marriage.

Today, the ideas of having a child and not being married have changed so much, we don't even think twice about it anymore. In truth, I don't.

Look we all have problems.

We all have sins we deal with, if you want to call them that. ( And what is a sin to you might not be to me and vice-versa.)

Paul talked about he having problems with sin and not doing the right thing in Romans 7. Even Paul.

My favorite verse of the Bible is and will always Ephesians 2:8-9. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God— 9 not because of works, lest any man should boast.

( And don't talk about James and his view on works.....James and the boys were peeping in on Titus to see if he was Circumcised or not, thought to be a Christian, you must have a part of your pecker cut off, just like Jewish law. ...will discuss James later...)

Folks, we as Christians are going to have to be better about this acceptance business. I was at religious site that has discussed why folks are now " Done" with going to church. 1100 comments the last I checked in 12 hours. And it is a pretty obscure site.

Grace is for all of us, not matter what you perceive the sin is....and unless you are actually hurting someone, you may want to look at your life first. I know I do.

Will discuss America, Texas etc in part 2.

End Part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment