Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Buna School

I have said repeatedly I love the people in the community of Buna. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the folks there. I think about many of you often and wonder about what you are doing. That said, there is seriously something wrong with the school.

I understand that some of you work for the district and within the district you see things from well, a different viewpoint. I know this because I was there. Now that I am removed, more and more I look at the school with a more objective eye.

There are just too many things going on that I as a former teacher look at from afar and go, " what in the hell were they thinking?"

People are starting to call me at my house, some all in a tizzy. I thought it was just a few malcontents, but last evening, I received a call from a person who I see as pretty darn straight shooter with their opinions. They were upset with the actions that took place during the last week. They literally were besides themselves and these are people who don't normally get upset. They are to the point I think homeschooling is the venue they are looking at for their children.

I know there are several "old school" Buna educators who are just appalled. They won't/can't tell the general public, but secretly, they are shocked at what is going on.

Now, I know Buna is not Beaumont ISD or even Pt Arthur ISD, but the route it is going, it makes you wonder how long the same stunts will be pulled within the district. ( There are a lot of people who think the school is doing nothing but playing CYA instead of taking care of business first.)

Don't know who reads this in Buna administration or board ( probably no one), but if you want a bond to pass, you need to make more of your patrons happy than what you have right now....and to be honest, I don't think you know how...



No comments:

Post a Comment