Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Jodi Arias

I have been watching the Jodi Arias trial off and on since it started in January. I do not know how the 12 jurors and alternates have stood it. I know they were not sequestered, and Arizona has not sequestered a jury in 80 years, but you know they are worn absolutely out.

Tomorrow they will start the punishment phase. Either life in prison or death. I am guessing they are going to give her life. Juries just do not put women to death. There are 122 men and 3 women on death row in Arizona. The way the jury announced the verdict, they may have already compromised the verdict and the she'll get life. ( 7 premeditated and felony, 5 premeditated.)

Arizona has not executed a woman since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976. I doubt Jodi will receive a lethal injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment