Friday, May 3, 2013

We Were Discussed at LSU?

Forgot to include this in the last blog, but it I figured it my need its "own" essay....

One of the letters received at the station was from an unhappy listener who claimed they had listened the radio show in Lafayette, Louisiana.

The writer claimed that they were a student at LSU.....I am wondering which LSU? LSU-Baton Rouge which is a 60+ mile drive from Lafayette? Or LSU-Eunice which is about a 40 mile drive? ( Eunice is a junior college, there are no 4 year degrees offered there. ) After I read the letter, I am guessing Eunice...14 grammatical mistakes. 

If they live in Lafayette, why not go to University of Louisiana-Lafayette,  the old USL....( As a Lamar grad when I think of USL, I can't help think of the old chant we said at games...." Go to Hell USL, Go to Hell."  I guess it would still work, "Go to Hell ULL, Go to Hell. :)" 

BTW: ULL is a good school, looked at doing a History MA there 25 + years ago. 

Anyway, they claimed that they discussed the show, listened to the show in class, and how it sucked....Seriously, do college classes now have the time to listen to hours of recorded shows now? 

Then, they claimed that they had done research on Jay and said his father was a lawyer....Jay's dad is a minister. I am wondering if they were getting us/family members mixed up, my late dad was a welder, but my BROTHER is a lawyer. 

They then told us some stuff that we don't tell the general public.....sort of stuff that makes you know your decision to carry is the right thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment