Thursday, May 2, 2013

Not a Felony?

So, it is my understanding that the person who confessed to the crime will not be charged with a felony. The crime will be a misdemeanor. They do not want a felony to follow the person for the remainder of their life.

It's their call. My understanding there is their were mitigating circumstances.  ( Read into that whatever you want.)

As a former teacher, I believe in second chances, if you don't think so, look back at some of your time in gov/eco with a fat, bald headed man, who liked hats and had too bushy of a mustache...  He should have flunked the hell out of several of you.

Question is this. At what point do crimes become a felony? Do you feel safer sending your kid to school? I know there are several people upset about the lack of felony, and if you are, call the school, it's still your school.

1 comment:

  1. Well I am certainly glad you passed me with that 70. lol. I don't really know the case you're referring to, but to me a felony is a violent crime, a sexual assault offense, or the third strike of a lesser offense. In my opinion, yes, people do deserve second chances, but that depends on the violent crime or sexual assault offenses (there are several that people do not realize that are not as bad as they are made out to be). As for a third strike, they already had their chances, and there are only so many we should give out, at some point someone will be made an example of, not that it is right either but it happens.

    ReplyDelete