Monday, March 25, 2013

Gays and Lesbians

The Supreme Court of the U.S. is going to look at 2 court cases concerning gays and marriage this week.

The first involved the State of California and the voters of that state deciding not to allow gay marriage. The second involves DOMA. (  Defense of Marriage Act.) That the U.S. Government has decided that marriage is only between a man and woman at the federal level.

I have come a long way in my views of homosexuality. For years and years I would have fought tooth and nail against gay marriages. I still have some reservations about it, but I am to this point....Who am I to decided who can marry and who can not?

I do not know what is in a person's heart. I do not know what their relationship between them and their maker is either. It is not for me to judge.

I am also a believer that this is a state's rights issue. If a state wants to allow gay marriage  that is their business, not mine, or another state or the U.S. Government's business.

There no way I can tell what the Supreme Court will decide this week. I really think they may allow states to decide on marriage within that state citing the 10th Amendment, and uphold DOMA....but who really knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment