Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Psychological and Cultural War and the End of School

I have been always been a supporter of public schools. That said, I am now wondering if it has outlived its intended purpose.

I do not think you know how much it pains me to say that.

Schools were started in an attempt to help everyone in this nation learn enough to get a job, go to college, become a better citizen and person in general....But in the last few years they have become more and more of an indoctrination tool.

A few years ago when they wanted to use CSCOPE in the schools as a way to pass the then TAKs exam, I saw my career as a teacher coming to a rapid end.

What they are wanting teacher to do is to be a script manager for generalized curriculum for all kids, for here in Texas. It will eventually be for all of the U.S. It is part of the dumbing down of the U.S.

Look, I never used a damn curriculum I was ever given. I know they were all shit. I made my own stuff of what you needed, and what you missed and turned it into a 1/2 year of " Hell on earth" in the government class. ( Look, we just sort of went through economics. You were seniors and had the "ities" bad. I just tried to teach you a little something and make sure you didn't shut down to the point you were not going to graduate. )

The sad part is the legislators in Austin don't really care. They are wanting vouchers not so much for your kids, but for the "so called" Charter Schools, so they friends can get in on the money making floor from the state teat...Sad thing is this, most of the Charter Schools also use CSCOPE.


I don't know, the culture in this nation is changing so much I do not know if I want to be alive in 10 years. When the police raid a house because an 11 year old boy is holding a rifle on a Facebook page, I have to wonder....what will teachers be instructed to tell the kids about gun ownership in the future?


No comments:

Post a Comment