Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Bible- TV Series

So, I have been watching the mini-series The Bible on The History Channel over the last few weeks and while it is a well produced show, there are so many things I see and then grab a Bible to remind myself, of things that were left out.

Jesus drawing in the sand when the woman caught in adultery is omitted along with Jesus taking a whip to the money changers at the Temple are just two of the glaring examples.

The first miracle at the wedding at Canaan, which is so important in symbolism to the Christian faith, is omitted.....

Then there are the actors...does it seem to me that Jesus really looks like a "dude" who should be smoking a fatty and getting ready to catch some waves?

I guess in this day and age we should expect all the disciples to have six-pack abs......How ever, did they really need to make Thomas the bald headed one?

No comments:

Post a Comment