Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Wonder How Much Money Disappears at Schools?

After seeing that the Treasurer of the Jasper High Band Boosters is alleged to have stolen almost $8000 in scholarship monies from the booster's fund, it makes me wonder just how much fund money winds up missing.

The majority of the people I know can account for every penny they have collected for proms, dances, scholarships, etc, but you know, there have been some people in my past that I wonder about, and a lot of the people disappeared under really odd circumstances.

If there was one thing I was paranoid about when I was in the school business, it was both cash, and the school's Master Card. I remember having a discrepancy of $3.62 once and made sure I added the $3. 62 out of my own pocket so the books would balance. ( I couldn't tell you no more than anything what happened to the money. I am thinking the hotel charged us a tax that we shouldn't have been charged.)

I taught with people I know stole. Higher ups knew. They literally bragged about new dresses,  other new goods they had bought....( They are now with other school districts. )

Look, once again, most people are as honest as the day is long when they handle money, but there are times in which you wonder....

No comments:

Post a Comment