Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Beyonce and Jay-Z

I hope I spelled both people's names correctly. They are two the the "in" people in America. Beyonce is a lovely lady, not Hallie Berry lovely in my book, but then Hallie is closer to my age.

It seems the couple gets to go to Cuba.....and the Dept of the Treasury approved the trip under some sort of educational mission. ( You can't go there unless it's educational or cultural.) The educational mission went there at the same time that as their anniversary......I'm sorry, I don't care who you are, it ain't right...and Cuba might be worse on racial relations than the US. ( Do some research.)

The problem is, someone at the Dept. of Treasury who was told to approve the trip will be the scapegoat.

Trouble is, in my opinion, the embargo has been a failure. Castro has been there. in charge. as long as I have been alive. We trade with China, Vietnam.....they're not any better than Cuba and we trade with them all day... Maybe it is time to open up Cuba to capitalism? Sugar, cigars, rum, cigars, tourism, cigars..hell, I'd go to Cuba just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment