Sunday, April 7, 2013

Your Houston Astros

I have come to the acceptance there will be no Houston Astro baseball games this year on our Dish, Directv, or cable system here in our area this year...and to be honest, it isn't that bad of a thing. I may go ahead and switch over and root for the Texas Rangers.

I am not really for sure what the new ownership wants? I really do not think he or the people who are advising him understand the business of baseball. Maybe they do, and this is part of a long term plan.

There might be a real possibility that ownership wants to move the team out of the area. I have heard the San Jose area. I have heard Portland, Oregon, Charlotte, NC, and Nashville. I have heard maybe into the Northeast. ( Perhaps the Hartford, CT or an additional MLB team in NYC?)  When you are drawing only 18,600 people on the first Saturday evening of the season, a lack of attendance would be an excuse to move, and I understand they are building for the future....but building for what? Instead of a bottom of the division club, and middle of the pack " also ran?"

I listened to the game on KOGT radio this afternoon and when the broadcasters are discussing pancake batter and the addition of vanilla to the mix, it is going to be a long year.....who knows maybe the Astros can break the 1885 Cleveland Spiders record of 134 losses in a season. As of this afternoon, they're on the pace to do so....





No comments:

Post a Comment