Wednesday, April 10, 2013

So Glad I am Retired....

I am so glad I am out of the school business.....so glad, I do not think you people really understand.

Had a young man write me last week wanting to know my opinion of teaching school. He's from one of my all time favorite families in Buna and I have procrastinated writing him back.....I just want to drive to where he is and grab him by the shoulders and shake him as hard as I can and shout "NO!!!!!!"

I then see that they are wanting to change the rules on retirement for teachers in the State of Texas. ( Let me remind you that teachers pay into TRS every month.) At this point, why would anyone in their right mind teach school?

Don't get me wrong. I liked teaching school. I enjoyed the career. I liked the kids.....But I wouldn't recommend this career to anyone in college right now. I am sad to tell you, but it is going to get worse, and worse in the profession...I am too the point you would be better off being a piano player in a whorehouse than teaching school....

No comments:

Post a Comment