Monday, April 8, 2013

Maggie Thatcher

I remember Maggie Thatcher not as a Troy leader, or as a friend of Ronald Reagan, but as a foreign policy leader.

I remember the Falkland War as it was just like it was yesterday. I was working in adult education in the Beaumont ISD and my boss, was the late George Stark, a retired US Naval Officer.

Mr. Stark told us every day what was going to happen, what Mrs. Thatcher would do, and what the British Navy would do...He nailed it every morning..... .it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life....

She sent the British Navy around the world to reclaim rocks with sheep and about a 1000 people living on them.....makes you wonder if the US would do the same thing?

RIP Mrs Thatcher. You were one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment