Monday, April 8, 2013

Wow....Just....Wow

I went to town earlier today and ran into a person who had heard the radio show from Thursday night on KJAS.....it seems it made them, well unhappy....and it surprised me about what.

On the show I made mention that I had eaten lunch with a friend who had converted to Islam and the folks in  the Middle Eastern restaurant were nicer than the people at the church I visited on Easter.

Now, I know I am not a politician. I am not a back-slapper or a person who acts glad to see you. It's just my personality. I attribute it to teaching school for 30+yrs. I went through a period of time in which I didn't smile. I just didn't. It was like I was on duty 24-7....that said, I still stand at church when people shake my hand. I stand if a lady speaks to me. And in a non-school setting, I won't shake a woman's hand unless she extends the hand first.....( Old school from Bill Thomas, my dad would be upset if I didn't do so.)

The person I ran into concluded their "discussion" with me by saying, that ( and I am sort of paraphrasing here.) " Maybe you just need to convert and become a Muslim."

I was somewhat stunned. This person was on staff at a church for a while. Might still be as far as I know.

I was so stunned, I didn't react.

At this point, I think I will just leave it alone. I am better as a None.


No comments:

Post a Comment