Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Didn't Get into College....

So, the Wall Street Journal published an op-ed piece this weekend from a high school young lady who didn't get into the college in which she wanted to attend.  I am assuming she wanted to go to Harvard or Yale or Princeton, or some other Ivy League or exclusive school....she was all upset that she would be going to a Big Ten school....

Boo-Hoo.....Boo-Hoo...Sorry, I don't feel sorry for you. I wanted to go to Univ. of Texas or Texas A&M when I graduated from high school. I couldn't afford it.... I, like many of you, got a job and slugged it out at the " Harvard of the Neches", old "Pecker Tech" itself Lamar University.

For years, I thought I had received a second rate education.....until I went to seminary in Ft Worth.

My first day in seminary I was surrounded by all sorts of A&M, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest grads......and about midway through the semester I looked up and decided, " These sumbitches ain't that smart." I could compete and beat these goobs grade wise all day long.

Folks, a degree from a fancy college is nice, but you know, it's what you do after the degree.....

No comments:

Post a Comment