Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Here's Why We Live in Texas

I have been to Buffalo, NY once in my life. We flew in when we decided to visit Ontario, Canada. ( Ontario is really nice. You need to try it.)

Buffalo was not impressive. Grey city, nothing exciting, the roads were well, awful. ( Buffalo International Airport is really nice however.) That said, the folks in Buffalo were nice enough.

When we flew into Buffalo International, we sat across the aisle from a couple from Buffalo who had been visiting their daughter in Dallas.....and as we started to land, the man slapped me on the shoulder and said, " hey, you're lucky, there is no snow on the ground." ( This was middle June)

Man, he wasn't kidding. It is the end of July. I just read an article that there are still piles of snow in Buffalo.

I know it was chilly when we were in Scotland, and most of the year it is like our Winter, but Buffalo? Snow on the ground in frickin' July? Late July?

No, I'm glad my ancestors came to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment