Monday, July 20, 2015

No Etiquette? No Culture? No Damn Class?

So, I go to the Family Dollar here in town....


Needed odds and ends and well, it was easier to get to than the other dollar store, so we got our stuff there.

As I came out, and my hands were full, ( big bag of 6 paper towels, two sacks of items) I held the door open for the bread man who was struggling with his cart, a lady I guess in her 30s and a teenage girl.

Neither the bread man nor the 30ish year old said a word. The teen said " thank you sir." ( I told her that her " momma raised her right", loud enough the others heard.)

The simple act of thank you, it seems is going away.

At one time, people were grateful for simple acts.....what has happened? Are we too good or think we are too good to say " thank you?"

Anyway, I won't be buying Nature's Own Products anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment