Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Killing a Lion

I doubt I will ever visit Africa. For our next trip, I was looking at us visiting Tunisia in the Med., but that was before an ISIS gunman killed 40+ British tourists on a beach in that nation. So, us going there...slim.

That said, I have hunted, and will probably hunt this Fall once again.

I have deer antlers on the wall in my den.

I really like deer sausage. I really like duck gumbo....

But, I will never be wealthy enough to hunt on a safari in Southern Africa.

I understand shooting various animals in Africa to thin the herd in order to keep them from starving.

Some animals, I do not understand why people shoot them. Giraffes or monkeys for example. I'm not eating a monkey. Too much like being a cannibal.

The lion who was killed by the dentist from Minnesota, well, I understand some people are upset because the lion was named, and famous, but you know, if the lion had half a chance, it'd have you for dinner...however, I could not see me killing a lion....once again, I am not eating a cat.

I am wondering. Will the media, excuse me, the damn media, use the killing of this lion to demonize all hunters? Most hunters I know do more to take care of wildlife. And I often wonder if the press in NYC and Washington D.C. Really understand the process that the steak they are having for supper went through? That the process the chicken for their chicken salad when through to get on that piece of bread?

I wonder...I seriously wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment