Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Okay Gay Folks, This is for You...

Okay this blog is sent out especially to my gay readers and I know that others will read, but it is generally for you.

As my old time readers know, I have been fairly supportive of gay marriage. As I have said, I could not from a government/state point of view ban it

That said, a couple of things.

1. I know a number of you are caught up in the moment and have decided to get married....and in many cases, I wonder if it is because, well " you can" not because you want to spend the rest of your life with that one person.

I know people I went to high school with who got married at age 17-18 just to prove to their parents, teachers, whoever, that they were grown ass people and could do whatever they want...well, most are divorced now.

Divorce is not pleasant. It is not a happy situation. In most cases it is pretty damn expensive.

Think long and hard before you marry.

2. Now that you have been given the right to marry, it doesn't mean you will keep getting special recognition, special "rights. "

Example- Michael Sam the football player left his pro team in Canada because he and his boyfriend broke up. He was able to rejoin the ballclub after a two week absence.

In most situations, if you divorce, your boss ain't going to care. He/she needs a body filling a position. They will find someone who can work.

It is going to become everyday common occurrence for people straight and gay to marry. The newness will wear off.

Okay, I've said my piece. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment