Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sorry...I Am Not, Just Not

I have had a couple of suggestions, hints, etc... over the last few days to, consider a starting a church...

It ain't going to happen.

Sorry, I'm not suppose to do it.

I am at times pretty " High Church" and may on one Sunday wear a better robe than the Patriarch of Constantinople...then next Sunday wear a bow-tie and a tweed coat looking like some history teacher( old habits die hard), and then the next, a polo shirt and ratty jeans.

I would wear an Anglican " Dog-Collar" uptown to on an occasion just to " Piss people off."

I am not an administrator.

I cuss too much.

I see no problem with using alcohol.

I see no problem with using tobacco, having tattoos...

I would serve communion every Sunday, sometimes in a Dixie Cup. ( Cheap way to do it.) actual wine, not Welch's.

I'd be bad at hospital visits and funerals. Just awful...

I am afraid I would be too much Like Gene Scott or E. C. Fulcher in my style...

Finally, and this is serious. Unless I was just dragged kicking and screaming, I like being retired. ( Love it....the greatest job ever.)

You see, there are too many people who are preachers who have no business in the pulpit. If you can do ANYTHING else. Teach school, be a lawyer, plumber, boilermaker, etc....you may not need to be in the ministry.

Too many people in the vocation who are afraid to make people mad, too many people in the profession hanging on because their pension in through the denomination....

Sorry, not going to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment