Monday, July 20, 2015

I Shouldn't, But I Worry About This....

I know you are all professionals. I know you are all bound by HIPPA Rules. But at some time in my life, I am going to run into one of you in a professional medical situation....and it hasn't really yet.

I am taking about LVN, RN, Pharmacy Techs, Nurse Practitioner, Pharamcists, MD, DO, DDS, DC, Physical Therapist, RT, RRT, RTT etc.

And I am really proud of you. Seriously, I am.

Trouble is...and call me silly, call me shy, calm me reserve, call me private, I worry about well personal items...and I shouldn't, but I do.

At some point one of you is going to see me in a hospital gown, without my under attire and glance and say, " damn, my government teacher really was a Neanderthal."...or " Darwin was right, there is a Missing Link, and there he is..."

Or you look at my prescriptions, and go, " damn, how does he take that many pills in a day? " And the thing is, since the weight loss, the number has decreased. And then I take some stuff that is pretty serious and high powered. ( I know one of you in the healthcare business already knows about it.)

When I was in college as many of you know, I worked in a drug store. There was no such thing as a pharmacy tech in those days and often when I wasn't making deliveries, the druggist had me counting pills for a prescription. I remember a young lady I had graduated high school with coming in and getting her prescription for birth control pills filled. She was married, but it didn't keep her from turning six shades of red when she realized I was behind the counter.....she was so embarrased, she transferred her prescription.

Once again, I know it is silly to worry about these things, but I do....and if I ever see you in a professional situation, don't be surprised if I am shy or act embarrased.

No comments:

Post a Comment