Monday, July 27, 2015

Mortality?

As many of you know, I have not been right since we returned from Germany.

I did some things to by back, other things of my health, well, actually, the German rail system and I have turned my thoughts often to my own mortality.

One of my favorite shows in a British murder mystery program, called " Inspector Lewis." Or as the program is often just called, " Lewis."

Inspector Lewis' partner is Sgt. James Hathaway, a Cambridge trained theology degreed former seminarian, who often asks difficult questions concerning life, our being.

Today's events made me wonder.( I wrote a blog, earlier, but pulled in down. In truth, it was not really anyone to blame, and I didn't want to seem I was laying blame, even though I was upset at the time. )

I have had a strange brush with fate during one of my surgeries in an attempt to fix my back. I had a bad reaction to being put under and have sort of a fear to this day of being " put out cold."

Today, I was like Sgt. Hathaway, I asked the question, " What are we for?"

I know when I had the opportunity to leave teaching, I did. And in truth, I couldn't stand the ancillary events that surround the profession anymore.

But I often ask the questions....

"Did I do right?"

" Did I do what I was suppose to do?"

" Am I doing right writing the blog?"

" Have I helped people?"

" Should I have done something else in my life?"

And the biggest one of all...

" What should I do or go next?"

I know this is a " Midnight Special" on the blog, but I wonder...How many of you are troubled by the same questions?



No comments:

Post a Comment