Monday, July 6, 2015

You Ever Wonder About Yourself??

Do you ever wonder how you are so different from your family members?

I mean the entire extended family?

I mean, they all own or want to own some sort of a camper or RV or massive camping trailer and drag it all over the nation....I have no interest. Why? Get on a plane and travel to that place in the United States or Canada or in 6 hours, be in Scotland. Get out of the plane, rent a car, take a taxi, and rent a hotel....and then they decide they got to cook breakfast, or supper, and got to clean up the dishes...nearly every hotel has a free breakfast now. Even in Europe....and for supper, eat different foods of the region/ nation. Travel? Yes. But go there and when you are done, you can get home in 4-5 hours.

They all listen to music that I cannot stand. It is boring. I've heard it all my life and as a kid I didn't like it. I understand it is church type music, but I do not enjoy it. I am pretty sure if when I die And they are singing Southern Gospel when I get there, I have not made it to heaven.

They all go to church and while at one time I sort of enjoyed attending, it was like I had a revelation one day. And I really don't enjoy going to church anymore. I literally have nothing in common with most of the other people in the pews. I often question what a minister or pastor or priest says. I would question things in a Sunday School class. If you're going to preach, given me some meat on the bone. I don't want to hear politics. I don't want to hear about tithing.if you're going to preaching on the tithe, then you have got to tell folks to stop eating crawfish, bacon and shrimp. You've got to tell folks they've got to stop being gluttons, and money hungry, and actually love their neighbor...( I know, I digress.) don't go to church because, well, we always have...

I don't enjoy the same things they do. And I never really have...

It's like somehow I am different. And it's been that way my entire life.

Maybe there was a mix-up at the hospital or my DNA was messed up somehow?

No comments:

Post a Comment