Sunday, August 16, 2015

Colder Than Normal Winter?

So, the Old Farmer's Almanac has predicted a " colder than normal" winter.

After last week, I think we'd all welcome some sort of relief. 102F in SE Texas? Too damn hot.

Here's the deal folks, I like cold weather. But then at some point, I decide " enough is enough." And want it to warm up.

Sure, I think it'd be 'cool' if one time in my life it snowed on Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day. ( We came close in 1980s, it snowed Dec. 23rd, not much, but it snowed.)

I've also sat in the backyard on Christmas Day because it was a warm sunny day.

Trouble is, don't nobody know.

I watch both the " Aggie weather-guessers" during the week, and both those guys do not know, they just guess what tomorrow's weather will be.

I swear they use chicken bones, a dart board, the phase of the moon, just like some unnamed school districts use to figure GPAs, to guess the forecast.

Look, we all went to bed thinking Rita was going ashore down Southwest of Houston. We saw how that worked out.

I know at this point we all want it to be cooler. We want " football weather."

Hang in there folks, it will get cooler....

No comments:

Post a Comment