Monday, August 17, 2015

Getting Married? Not Getting Married? Wish I could Get Married?

I have received three questions, requests, over the last few weeks over the lack of local judges to marry folks.

This of course stems from the Supreme Court's decision to allow gays to marry.

It is a pure "political" move and in truth, I really can't same I blame them.

The local judges have been put into a " no win" situation. To make their constituents happy, they have stopped all marriages. Gay, straight, whatever.

This basically leaves the marriage business to the local clergy and if you want a civil, not religious wedding, where does it leave you? And guess what, there's a bunch of folks who are just not religious...and local pastors generally won't marry folks outside of the parishioners...

Church folks, this may make you upset, unhappy, whatever, the people outside of the church are growing. Rapidly.

You can blame the devil, the internet, the church and its now lack of missionary spirit, again, whatever, it is growing. I am guessing there are three or four people in Jasper and Orange Counties who stay home for every one who attend church....including the writer of this blog. Sorry, just nothing left at the denomination I grew up in for me. ( But this is another blog.)

I seriously have though about re-frocking myself through one of those online ordination ministries, and doing weddings. Free for folks I like. ( Texas is pretty liberal about marriage. We still have very liberal "Common Law" marriage. I have a friend I literally love to death who is married in this manner, and both me and the State of Texas consider their marriage as legit as one performed by Bishop Guillory at St. Anthony's Cathedral in downtown Beaumont.)

Oh, don't worry about me going to hell for re-frocking myself. If I make it, it'll be just like you, on a technicality.

No comments:

Post a Comment