Saturday, August 22, 2015

Turn Out the Lights!

" The party's over."

Don Meredith made this Willie Nelson song popular back on MNF.

Well, the Summer of 2015 is over.

School starts for everyone on Monday.

Even I sort of had jumps and jerks the last few mornings. I've started getting up at 5am, like I did for years and years when I was teaching...as I always thought, " Gotta open the place up." " Gotta make coffee." And I did for years.

Yesterday, several school buses rolled by, drivers learning their new routes, or driving an old one getting ready.

By now, most teachers have their rooms ready. I know elem. teachers have to decorate their rooms, and in high school, well, giving us a stick of chalk and get out of the way.

I wonder if I'll wake up Monday morning and shout " ISMS!"

Have a good year folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment