Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I Know You Do.....and You Need To...

At Nanny Faye's funeral this week, it was mentioned in passing the fact so many of us now carry firearms.

It's sad, but it is true. I keep a firearm in vehicles. There are parts of Beaumont, Pt Arthur, Orange, hell, Vidor, hell, Nederland....I wouldn't go into now on a bet. And I worked in what is now a scary part of Beaumont for the longest and never had a bit of trouble....And I often had Class II Narcotics in the vehicle....but that was the '70s.

I often worry about my in-laws in PNG. My mother-in-law refuses to have a firearm in the house. Never mind her oldest grandson literally grew up with an Ak47 in his closet. ( And yes, it was ready to rock-n-roll) She's afraid the g-kids will get ahold of it....well, lessons need to be taught about guns, and if they want, I will teach them...and put in a safe place.( the g-kids are all old enough to know about guns...)

Look, my 84 year old mother carries a .38 special wherever she goes now. ( and her youngest g-kids are really young, and they know to respect firearms. Then, they are my brother's kids, and grew up around firearms, and were taught...)

PNG is not what it once was. They have Ms-13 Gang members just blocks away in Nederland.

It's sad, but in this day in age, we have to be armed.

A suggestion. If you leave a gun in your truck, car, SUV, lock it at the house. In the last 48 hours they have had three pistols stolen from unlocked vehicles in Orange. Don't think it can't happen in Buna or Vidor, or wherever you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment