Tuesday, August 18, 2015

You Know, You Never Know About Folks....

You know, we just do not know about folks.

The story about the 16 year old who was shot breaking into the home at 2:30am makes me think this.

The story is the 16 year old was wearing a bandana or some sort of mask when he broke in.

I am not blaming the homeowner. I would have done the same thing. I would have been scared out of my wits.

The teen's family is upset about the shooting, and families always will be.

That said, I am reminded of a story of a student I had at another district in the Houston area. I had a student arrested in class by DPS, sheriff and local police.

It seems the young man had shot and killed a woman while burgling her home the evening before.

The boy was very active in the school's Christian groups and was even president of the local Youth for Christ.

His father, a local minister, had to resign and leave the area.

The boy is still in state prison.

Then, this morning, one of ABC News' lead stories was about a high school senior at one the most prestigious schools in America, St. Paul's in New Hampshire being tried for raping a freshman girl.

The boy ambition was to go to Harvard Divinity School.( You go there to become a minister.)

No, you never know about folks.

If you have a teen, this might be a teaching moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment