Sunday, August 9, 2015

This Week.....

The inservice period for teachers start this week. My understanding is the first couple of days are technology and some other waste of a day.

The " General Assembly " for Buna ISD I understand is on Wednesday.

This past week, the Washington Post published an article saying that research has finally discovered what us teachers have known for years. Inservice is a waste of time and money. Literally, billions of tax dollars a year are spent by schools on the latest, greatest way to educate the kids. Five years from now, it'll be some new tripe some college professor has dreamed up.

Don't nobody learn nothing....it's bullshit if they tell you they do....

I'm telling you it's a racket. People who can't teach, can't be decent administrators, wind up doing workshops, for serious coin....and you're paying for them...big damn tax money

I said for years when I was still in the classroom, I'd rather have the kids in the room than sit in a workshop. I loved teaching. I hated workshops. I'd rather pull my toenails out with pliers.... Looking back on my last years in classroom, I wish I would have gotten my doctor to write me a note, and used up those state personal days I wound up giving back. He would have. He knows how bad professional workshops are.

I am telling you, retirement is great.

On a better note for the week. The Perseid Meteor Shower is suppose to be really good this year. The morning of Aug. 13th, 80 meteors an hour can be seen. ( according to NASA, now watch it be a flop.) I may hit the floor early to look...

No comments:

Post a Comment